Some numerous analyzes and researches indicate that the quality of the environment in the municipality of Bitola and the region is not at a desirable level. Many factors can and should strive to improve the situation. Citizens, especially young people, are just critical factors in the process by being aware of more effective care for the environment and their more active attitude in dealing with problems.
Therefore, FORUM 16 proposes the project “Poetry on the Move through Bitola”, which should raise awareness among young people about the ethical attitude towards the environment by offering an innovative tool in non-formal education, poetry.
The project’s main goal is through poetry as a tool to promote the use of public transport and to influence the improvement of the environment in the municipality of Bitola.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To develop and to encourage the creative abilities of the young people from Bitola
- To encourage the use of public transport in Bitola
- To encourage youth participation on issues of the interest of youth from Bitola
– Workshops for creative writing and youth participation;
– Selection of poems that promote environmental awareness;
– Display of selected poems in public bus transport and bus stops.
The project will be implemented from April 1, 2021, to July 31, 2021.
This project is implemented by the Association for Civil Activism FORUM 16 – Bitola in partnership with the University Student Assembly at the University “St. Kliment Ohridski”- Bitola, and it is supported with funds by both implementers.